A Message from CEO Bill LawtonThis was a memorable year for all of us as we celebrated Community Financial’s 60th anniversary of serving members and community. Looking back on our history I am very proud of how we have stayed true to our purpose. We have carefully built upon our strong foundation for providing valuable services that enhance the financial well-being of our members and enable us to contribute to our communities. Community Financial would not exist without our member/owners and we thank them for their membership.
We are proud to be a trusted financial partner and understand the importance of building a strong relationship that is built and maintained through understanding member needs and careful listening. We are here to help you achieve your financial goals and dreams!
Our on-going training programs keep our team knowledgeable so we can respond to current situations and also be adaptable to future changes in the economy. By sharing our expertise, you can enjoy solutions that make sense for your particular needs. Our services, including free checking, help you manage money, build or improve credit and invest with more confidence and less worry. We help you save money. During the year, we collectively saved members millions of dollars refinancing higher rate debt into lower rate Community Financial loans. Plus our mortgage lending and investment & insurance services offer a wide range of options for personalized programs that fit short and long-term goals for individuals, families and businesses.
Community Financial is committed to our communities. We appreciate that people in our communities recognize that our commitment to financial education and community goes well beyond our branch locations. We are proud of the following achievements during 2011:
- Winner of the Michigan Credit Union League’s Alphonse Desjardin Award in recognition of leadership in supporting youth financial literacy through our Student-Run Credit Union program with 35 partnering schools.
- Recognized for the 6th year as one of Metro Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. We love what we do and it shows in our smiles, in our voices and the way we care!
- Donated over $228,000 to assist other local nonprofit organizations in their efforts to provide vital services that make a positive difference in our communities where we live and work. Team members also provided over 950 hours of volunteer time to community programs and projects.
- Offered financial education and resources to help teach budgeting, building credit and saving for the future all of which which have a positive impact on the communities we serve.
- Upgraded branch ATMs and implemented exciting technology improvements including online eBanking and ePay for convenient and secure banking.